The Audi R8 Alpha 10 Twin Turbo System
As standard, the Alpha 10 Twin Turbo Package for the Audi R8 makes 1025+ HP (approx. 925-1000 to the wheels) on 100 octane pump gasoline and with the included Map Switching feature, you can expect 925 HP (approx. 850-925 to the wheels) when tuned on 93 octane. This power equates to a blistering 4.33 second 60-130 mph time, and endlessly repeatable mid 9 second quarter mile runs even on standard street tires. The best part is your R8 will drive exactly like stock around town until it turns into a rocket ship when you go wide open throttle.
Available as a turn-key package, The Alpha 10 has been developed as a bolt-in solution that can be rapidly installed at AMS Performance, or at your local select AMS certified installer. No modifications to the chassis or emissions systems are necessary, and our team has worked diligently to make sure our Alpha 10 components have a fit and finish better than OEM. This system is kept in stock and ready to be installed on your vehicle as soon as you are ready to start your build. No months long wait times for fabrication, or excuses from parts vendors, like you’ve heard about with other shops and their nightmare build stories.
Engineered to Win
Our SnailWorks© Engineering Team has spent hundreds of R&D hours refining the Alpha 10 Twin Turbo Package to be the best performing, highest quality, and easiest to install kit on the market. Focusing on component and materials selection is crucial, and is why we have selected top tier components as the foundation of our system, like the Garrett intercooler cores and turbochargers, along with TiAL wastegates and blow off valves, and a high flow brushless water pump for maximum performance and reliability. Everything has been thought of, even down to the fine details like tungsten ceramic coating and line sheathing for superior heat management.
Our team has gone the extra mile to develop innovative new solutions to problems found when adding forced induction to the 5.2 FSI V10 engine found in the Audi R8. One of the things we saw during the development phase was a substantial air leak at the intake manifold flange due to the now positive air pressure within the manifold. To solve this, we developed a beautifully machined and anodized aluminum ring which fits around each intake runner gasket to provide additional sealing pressure. We chose to engineer and machine an elegant solution while competitors take the easy way out and use silicone to essentially glue the manifold pieces together.
- GTX Series Garrett Turbos w/ AMS Lava Rock PTP Blankets
- Alpha Air/Water Intercoolers utilizing Garrett Cores
- Alpha Tig Welded and Powder Coated Intercooler and Intake Piping
- Alpha Exhaust X Pipe w/ Tungsten Ceramic Coating
- Alpha Water Tank and Billet Cap
- High Flow Brushless Water Pump
- Alpha Motorsport Grade Black Heat Exchangers at Front Bumper
- TiAL Blow Off Valves and Wastegates
- Alpha 10 Fuel System Upgrade
- Alpha Ancillary Components, Including all Hardware, Lines, Wiring, and Heat Shielding
- Map Switching Selections for Low, Medium, High, and Race Boost Levels. (Valet Mode, 91, 93, and 100 Octane Fuels – International Fuel Mappings Available)