Carbonio's latest carbon fibre intake for the 3.0 TFSI engine is a ram air design that completely separates the intake filter from the engine bay. Building from years of experience on and off the race track, Carbonio's and APR's engineering teams have spent countless hours developing a true cold air and ram air carbon fibre design that can be recreated affordably for the street performance enthusiast.
Constructed of aerospace grade carbon fibre and designed to remove intake restriction, APR’s Carbonio intake system provides smoother transitional airflow, increased air velocity, superior insulation of the incoming air to reduce intake air temperatures and a larger volume of available air to aid throttle response.
The OEM intake system vents some of the incoming air into the engine bay and takes several twists and turns before the air ever reaches the supercharger. The Carbonio intake system simplifies the intake system by directing all incoming air directly at the filter.
The OEM intake system includes resonators in the hose connecting the air box to the throttle body designed to reduce supercharger whine. The APR Carbonio intake system in Stage I form replaces the factory air box and filter, and will deliver roughly 11 AWHP over stock. The Stage II back pipe when combined with the Stage I Air box will increase power further to around 15 AWHP and will slightly increase intake supercharger whine.
Also available separately is the Stage II back pipe when combined with the Stage I Air box will increase power further to around 15 AWHP and will slightly increase intake supercharger whine.
Benefits of the APR Carbonio Intake System:
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Improved Throttle Response
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Enhanced Engine Volumetric Efficiency
- Enhanced Sound of Supercharger
- Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
- Removes OEM intake snorkel which can collapse under boost
- Maintains Clean Appearance by Retaining Factory Engine Covers
- Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
- Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
- Fully Compatible and Complimentary, with APR Software and Exhaust systems
- Maintains the Thermostatically Controlled OEM Flap Valve Assembly from the Factory Air box
- Modular Design Allows for Performance Gains in Stages and the Ability to Keep the Factory Intake Resonators