APR is pleased to present the ultimate transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade for the S6 and S7 DL501 DSG and S Tronic transmissions! APR’s TCU upgrade is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s TCU through the OBD-II port with user definable options selectable at the time of install.
APR’s TCU upgrade goes beyond the overly simplistic norm of raising a few limiters, and offers a wide gamut of changes designed to enhance the driving experience especially when combined with APR’s performance engine software and hardware. With an in-depth knowledge of the transmission’s inner workings and control strategies, APR’s engineers have improved many aspects of the transmission from accelerative performance to daily drivability, while also incorporating new features including several typically reserved for higher-end Audi Quattro GmbH RS models.
- Faster acceleration through application specific optimized shift points.
- Drive and Sport mode shift maps custom tailored to APR’s power upgrades.
- User adjustable 3-step multi-launch control RPM limits.
- User definable* max launch control RPM.
- User definable* manual mode downshifts via the kick-down switch (on/off).
- User definable* manual mode upshifts at max engine speed (on/off).
- Launch control response enhanced for quicker launches.
- Launch control limits raised from 200 to 3,000 launches.
- Manual mode / TT mode paddle response time optimized.
- Manual mode / TT mode shift time optimized.
- Torque intervention limits raised while retaining critical protection routines.
- Temperature management optimized.
- Transmission coolant pump optimized during high temp scenarios.
- Gear display enabled in Drive and Sport.
- Downshift "lockout" disabled below previous gear's max RPM.